Buki the Runner is Back :-)

Friday, October 20, 2006

Thank God, we went jogging today(Thursday evening) BUT not round the park... It was quite dark so we went 'pavement jogging'.

I think we jogged for 35-40 minutes... my thighs hurt because:
1. On our way back, it was an uphill run.
2. I am still recovering from the flu.

I feel good though :-) Can't wait for Saturday - I will be back in FULL FORCE! Working on shaving 8+ minutes from my current 10k time, in time for the December 3rd race.

I love running!!!

I am so proud of my blog buddies who are jogging/keeping fit - 1982, Desola, ToyinE, Soul( hope you have resumed o!), Belle (hope you're still a gym babe), Bukky (not a blogger but she emailed me), and more of you, I hope...

Here's to keeping in shape!!!

I'll put up a brief post about my times round the park on Saturday.

4 Comments:

Unknown said...

You might want to remove my name from that shout out because I'm afraid I'm not worthy.

See today, I actually had good intentions. I woke up, looked out the window, got dressed and waited till it got lighter, then I went outside ... and it was raining. So I went back in. I want to be fit but I really don't want to catch a cold so no running in the rain for me.

However, my nearest tube is a 25min walk away or a 5 minute bus ride so last night, when I got off the tube, I decided to walk instead of bussing it ... surely that's something?

LondonBuki said...

I REFUSE to remove you... LOL!!!

The rain is a big problem, I know... you'll go on Saturday right?

Did you walk 'briskly' (I am silly I know!) or did you stroll... if it's the former, then that is definitely SOMETHING :-)

Unknown said...

I always walk briskly, I don't have time for strolling.

I will plan to go saturday and sunday. What about you?

LondonBuki said...

LOL! Then you definitely did a mini-workout.

I am jogging on Saturday (timing myself) and then doing a 'fartlek' on Monday.

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks