Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I am dizzy and weak right about now. I am kinda disappointed in myself. I went for the training run... although it was a distance that I am used to, it was HILLY + SLOPEY. While I was running, my tummy started hurting/burning all of a sudden and after I was done running, I thought I was going to have a nose bleed (my nose and throat were HOT inside)!

I am going to take a shower now and to show how bad I feel, I can't even eat dinner :-(

YES!!! I AM ALLOWED TO FEEL SORRY FOR MYSELF!!!

Note to self - DON'T PUSH MYSELF TOO HARD WHILE RUNNING ROUTES, WHICH MAY INCLUDE SLOPES, THAT I AM TRYING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME!

ONCE A WEEK, I WILL BE JOGGING THAT ROUTE AND HOPEFULLY WILL BE FIT ENOUGH TO RUN SLOPES IN THE NEAR FUTURE... I HAVEN'T RUSHED MYSELF SO FAR, WHY START NOW?

4 Comments:

soul said...

take it easy :)
you know when anytime I start something new, I take it way easy. The first time I jogged for 20mins, the pace was hella slow. because I knew it was something new, I had to pull back a lil. I knew that once I had mastered the art of constant motion for 20mins, then I could work on moving beyond a slow crawl/jog lol.

Remember the inclines add toughness to the race, and inclines and slopes take a heck of a lot out of you,.
Maybe it might be a good idea to just slow right down in order to get through it and then once you are comfortable maybe increase the speed? (I dunno if this is a good idea, it just appears logical to me..)

Still sha, well done buki. well done.

LondonBuki said...

Thanks Soul, you'd think I'd be practising what I preach right?

I woke up this morning to find out I am actually ill. I was even more tired than I should have been, trying something new, because I was falling ill.

I pray after a long day in bed today, I will be well tomorrow. If I am, I will SLOWLY jog the route and hopefully, get better results. If I'm not feeling well, I will definitely not be jogging tomorrow.

Thanks for your advice, I should have known with all my "experience" with jogging, I just try to push myself sometimes!

Amber @ Cafe Physique said...

OK, now I KNOW that you were definitely not feeling well because...skipping dinner???? LOL!

LondonBuki said...

LOL!!! :-)

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks