Quick post...

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

I had a really really painful case of Muscle Pull yesterday.

It was getting really dark so my friend and I decided to leave the track early... without really warming down or stretching.

Then I decided to climb a mini-fence and that's when it happened - I felt this tight, painful pull in my left calf and I had to fall back on the floor. I was screaming like I had been shot, I can laugh about it now... A lady came and asked my friend if she should call the ambulance... LOL!!!!!!!!! It was so painful, my calf was hard as a rock... see what I go through cos I am trying to stay fit... when I could have been at home eating Fried Plantain and something OILY and yummy, while watching TV... instead I went out to do a fartlek (noun a training technique, used esp. among runners, consisting of bursts of intense effort loosely alternating with less strenuous activity. ), new word I learnt i.e. the routine we do on Mondays and then have practically oil free plantain microwaved for 10 minutes (DELICIOUS) and practically oil free stew.

Anyway, I feel much better now. We only have a very EASY 45 minute jog today... nothing stressful. Hopefully, it'll help loosen the tight calf muscle.

P.S. A few people have advised me NOT to run today, to rest my calf muscle until Thursday... Massage the calf muscle, cold compress it, stretch the muscles and rest it... It's gonna be hard for me to skip a day, knowing I am not ill, BUT I will not put my body at risk.

0 Comments:

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks