There's still a LOTTA room for improvement...

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

So my running/training partner and I attempted this *Monday: 20 minute run consisting of 10x reps of 1 minute hard running, 1 minute walk/jog* yesterday .... It was hilarious!

We jogged for 10 minutes to warm up and then we started....

1st minute of "hard" running - was alright, not to bad
1st minute of walking - flew by!
2nd minute of "hard" running - was less than alright, but ok
2nd minute of walking - time flew by even quicker
3rd minute of "hard" running - much less than alright
3rd minute of walking - where'd it go?
4th minute of "hard" running - Ye!!! My body! My lungs... LOL!!!
4th minute of walking - My friend and I decided we'd only do one more.
5th minute of "hard" running - Was alright cos I knew it was the last one :-)
5th minute of walking - Was more like 3 minutes! Then we jogged for 10 minutes.

Lesson Learnt - I am not as fit as I thought. I like that I felt challenged when doing this, it shows there's still a lotta room for improvement. Our plan next week is to do this 6-7x. It really is good to mix things up! I jogged 5k three times last week and that did nothing much for my stamina...

Training today... We are gonna tell our trainer to push us a bit further cos we really need to build ur stamina, sharpish!!!

Watch this space...

P.S. Belle, why don't you try this out once a week. It'll really help you not get Bored of your routine... any kinda change will be nice.

2 Comments:

Anonymous said...

girl that routine sounds challenging... but i'll give it a try!
ose :)

LondonBuki said...

Try it and let me know how it goes :-)

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks