IT'S OFFICIAL: BUKI IS A FITNESS FANATIC!!!

Thursday, October 05, 2006

5.50am - My alarm went off, I changed into my running gear and relaxed for a few minutes
6.00am - I looked outside and it was still DARK! I decided to check my favourite blogs, my email, etc
6.15am - Still Dark
6.30am - Dawn was beginning to break
6.35am - With my MP3 player and 'Jeremiah Gyang's 'Na Ba Ka' playing, I started jogging
7.00am - Sprinted home with Shina's 'E ja wo l'apon ti o yo' playing :-)

I could have gone back to sleep at 6 when I realised it was still dark BUT I stayed up! I could have had an extra hour's sleep!!! Wow!!! I am a serious runner now :-)
I wanted to jog for 45 minutes this morning BUT because I started late, I had not choice. It's still better than nothing...

I weighed myself and found out I have list 3lbs! Funny cos I haven't jogged this week BUT I decided to eat less (and healthier) food for dinner! I hope the weight stays off!

3 days to the Race!!!! :-)

P.S. 1982, I hope you were able to get up this morning... if not, tomorrow morning...

9 Comments:

Unknown said...

You make me feel so ashamed of myself ... you wake up at 5:50 and I struggle with 6:45. I didn't get up today but as I finish work early today (5:30 instead of 7:30), I've decided I'll go after work if it's not raining when I get home, if not tomorrow morning.

By the way, your training plan stops after week 4 ... what am I supposed to do after that???

LondonBuki said...

LOL! Don't be ashamed! You are doing well so far, you've decided to jog this evening.

Enjoy your jogging today!

As for the training plan, I will put the rest of it up in the week 4 post. Check it out later, it'll all be there.

Unknown said...

I'm looking out for it ... my ambitious nature means that despite the fact that I am not even through week 1, I'm already worrying about week 5!

LondonBuki said...

That's the spirit!!! LOL!

Anyway, I just put Weeks 5 and 6 up HERE

What I think you should do after 6 weeks is 'fartlek' exercises to increase your stamina and strength. I will write up a new post about that soon.

Good Luck and Well Done so far!

Unknown said...

Yay ... now I can continue on my journey to getting fit again! You better post on Fartlek exercises before I get to week 6!

Thank you!

LondonBuki said...

YES MA! I will post the Fartlek exercises LONG before you even need them! LOL!

No problem :-)

Unknown said...

Thank you!

Unknown said...

Awww buki,
Am so proud of U!! You give the rest of us sofa couches so much inspiration!!! LOL!!!

Am dusting my Nikes once again and hopefully - get back to working on my runs. Good luck with the race!!!

LondonBuki said...

@CalabarGal LOL! Thanks for being proud oh BUT me I want to hear that you are exercising within the next few weeks!

Thanks for the G'luck wishes :-)

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks