Saturday's Run Round The Park

Saturday, June 09, 2007

I am tired right now, went straight to my Mummy from the park. Just got back and I need to take a shower... NOW!!!

Vickii and I planned to go for a long run today... ~ 1 hour 30 minutes.

We ran for 1 hour 40 minutes... I think this is the first time I have ever run for this long. It wasn't very easy for me but we did it! We should be doing this again next weekend. If we are taking part in a half marathon in September, we need to easily run, at least, 2 hours... and also work on our pace.

Vickii told me she's noticed my pace is not constant... I speed up and slow down. I thought about it and I think it's the park - after running up slopes, I slow down ALWAYS before I pick up my pace again. I need to do hill runs once a week because Vickii seems to be fine with the slopes.

I am going to take a shower, eat and chilllllll.

Should be training tomorrow morning before church.

Enjoy your weekend :-)

4 Comments:

Waffarian said...

hmmmm, una try oh! Keep it up girls! na una i dey follow for back! hehheheh! now up to 38 minutes. My goal is to do 40 minutes "comfortably" by next week, we'll see our it goes!

Unknown said...

Running down hills is always the easy part than running up it. I've just started running up slopes myself. Best wishes with your paces girl.

LondonBuki said...

@Waffy :-) You will definitely do 40 minutes PLUS next week!

@CG I will have to do hill running once a week because almost all races have hills and I don't want to slow down during a race o! :-) Thank you.
Well done!

Unknown said...

I'm so glad we did this but honestly, my body was so tired for the rest of the day. I guess if we do it everyweek, we should get used to it in two or three weeks.

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks