Race For Life '08

Tuesday, July 22, 2008


Yay! :-)
Third year in a row! I wasn't happy about the time at all!

Funny thing is: I wasn't ill or tired or unfit but I finished in about 32 and a half minutes!!! Terrible considering I finished my 10k in less than 2ce that time! It was a rowdy race and (forgive me) I was so impatient with the walkers in front of me! LOL! They were eating into my time, as we crawled jogged ran past the 1k mark, I looked at my watch and was shocked to see it took more than 8 minutes! I immediately calculated that it'd mean 40 minutes for my 5k! No way! During the second km there were still people walking and just chilling while I was trying to run... aarrgghhh! I knew there was no way I was gonna finish in less than 30 minutes, talk less of 28 minutes... hahahaha! So I just ran as well as I could and finished in almost 33 minutes!

I didn't take pictures with the medals, I'll ask Vickii for her pictures. Well done to my friend Liz(with me in the pic) for taking part for the first time and her friend Y.

To think that last year I was ILL and I still finished in 30 minutes 56 seconds!

I don't feel unfit at all so I can't use that excuse or lack of training. I feel like I have to another 5k to prove to myself that I can run it in way way less than 30 minutes.

I think I'm gonna have to do that.

4 Comments:

The Funny Wife said...

congrats still!! You'll do better next time.

LondonBuki said...

Thank you :-)

Oh yes I will :-)

kuesooM said...

Run Buki Run.....! :-)

Girl, at least it was less than 40 minutes right.... :-)

When is the next one. Did I tell ya that I did not get into the NYHalf lottery....:-(

LondonBuki said...

Thanks Kuesoom :-)

You told me about the NY Marathon not the half... pele.

Windsor Half Marathon is in September but I want to try to squeeze a race in before then.

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks