Interval Training

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

I hardly weigh myself anymore.... why? Because when I increased the intensity of my workouts over 6 months ago, I weighed myself and almost fainted - I had put on 4kg BUT lost inches so now I try to judge my progress by how my clothes fit.

Anyway.... right now I am on a mission :-)

I won't really change my current routine, all I've decided to add is: 2 interval training sessions/week for the next 4 weeks. I'll do 1 minute intervals on the treadmill or cross trainer for 30 minutes per session. I'll most likely do the Monday sessions before a 1hour class at 7.30 and the Wednesday one during, before or after my long run.

13, 15 July
20, 22 July
27, 29 July
3, 5 Aug

I'll try to come back at the end of each week to record my progress. I know I work harder when I set targets for myself so it's on :)

3 Comments:

Isabella said...

Love your blog!

so what's your aim ?

to loose weight? get fit? which you already look like your are lol

I realised that when I was trying to loose weight I put on my clothes were getting loose and I was told that I most probably gained muscle which is what the added weight was.

LondonBuki said...

Thank you so much :-)

My aim is to keep getting fitter :-)

Thank you, I definitely have gained a lot of muscle and I'm glad I decided to stay far away from the scale. Sometimes we women can be obsessed with our weight and I am trying not to be like that...

SOLOMONSYDELLE said...

best of luck!!!!! From your pics, you look pretty fit!

blogger templates 3 columns | Webtalks